Monday, May 17, 2010

Dinner for the Fams

This weekend I learned that French colonial cooking can also mean Thai food with wine and lots of butter! Even though my mango wasn't ripe and I couldn't make the colourful relish, there was some mango chutney in the fridge which we used instead. The final product was a little monochrome in appearance but DELICIOUS in flavour. So here we have curried shrimp on a bed of jasmine rice! As (not really) adapted from the Williams-Sonoma Simple Classics book. Oh, and just so you know, said book has THE tastiest and most comprehensive recipes I've encountered so far.

I found the recipe for this happy sunflower cake here and have been meaning to make it for some time. Other resources this kitchen offers are a functional zester and a citrus juicer! I'm rather proud of those lemon husks, to be honest.

Good cake, too.

--Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment