Monday, January 3, 2011

The Hot Toddy




Since I'm feeling a little under the weather, along with pretty much everyone I know, I thought I'd do away with cooking and drink hot toddies all day. And show you how to do it! It's very simple, which is good when you're sick, but I still managed to mess it up. You will need things you find around any good household, such as

Tea!
Honey!
Brandy!
Lemon!

And that's about it.
So all one need do is fill his teacup 3/4 full, and add a tablespoon of honey.


Then add two of these guys (that's an ounce of brandy right there), and float a lemon slice on top. Bonus points for using the best possible mug.

My mistakes: turns out I've only got green tea, which if you've seen my Halifax cupboard is pretty shocking. BUT! I found two rogue bags of lemon scented Earl Grey, so I just used those and left out the lemon slice.

My other mistake was to use cognac instead of brandy, only to realize afterwards that I misread the label and had actually used calvados instead. The results aren't bad though, it's just a little apple-y.

And you know, I DO feel a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment