Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Valentine's Day Saga



Can you believe it that in that same night we also made home made artisan boule bread?!

Yes. Believe it. We actually sat down to have a wine and cheese break after the bread was fresh out of the oven. And yes, we remembered to take pictures. It's unfortunate that these were the only ones that we have to show for all the cooking we did that day.

This was probably one of my best breads that I've made yet. I found it a bit too porous and spongy for my liking. I like a bit of crustiness to my bread. However it lost that yeasty flavor that my french bread had.



The cheese was to die for. We picked out a stilton, a blue, a hard aged gouda and a Grand Cru. The wine was a montepulciano d'abruzzo.


Here's the recipe:
Artisan Boule Bread

Courtesy of the Urban Spork from Chicago
http://theurbanspork.com/2009/12/artisan-bread-boule/

No comments:

Post a Comment