Saturday, March 17, 2012

Homemade Orange Julius Smoothie

Courtesy of Colour Palate
 http://www.colourfulpalate.com/2011/07/27/healthy-vegan-orange-julius/#more-1086
Originally this recipe called for orange juice concentrate but I opted to juice my own oranges seeing as I had quite an abundance of them.

1 cup almond milk
3 ice cubes
honey
cinnamon
nutmeg
1 orange
*Optional
2 raw almonds
coconut flakes

Using a juicer, I made orange juice with the orange. Then I added the pulp to the juice, being careful to remove the pulp that was filled with pith. I added the remaining ingredients to the blender to create a milky, orange smoothie. It was not as thick as I so desired so I covered it with plastic wrap to harden in the freezer. I grated 2 almonds to create a coconut/almond garnish. This makes for an excellent dessert for a raw dieter!

No comments:

Post a Comment