Saturday, March 20, 2010

Golly! Embarrassing!

Apparently running all over town has taken precedence over cooking these days. But my bananas are too ripe to wait any longer! Today must be the day.

Also, a note to Katherine, who has been fighting some sort of horrible disease (or a slight head cold, it's hard to say so far), this looks like it would help. It's not a challenge, of course, but it sounds nice.

Embarrassing moment of yesterday: While (sort of) waiting in line to get my passport renewed, I went to pick up a snack of blackberries and a samosa. On the way back I was confronted with this beauty. Of course, I ran into the kitchen store, stopped short, and hovered over it, like a witch over her cauldron. I had blackberry hands, you see, and couldn't touch anything no matter how heavenly it would undoubtedly be. Of course the woman behind the counter noticed, and asked if I needed help. And of course I reacted like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar, whirling around to see what I was up against. Unfortunately the blackberries were still in my hand, and I accidentally flung a few across the store.

I don't think I'll be buying fancy new pie dishes any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment