Friday, May 13, 2011

Mango Lassi



I have also moved into a new town and home over the last several weeks. Sophia and I must reconsider the name of our blog as we no longer reside in Quinn Street Attic.

After working in the yard and tidying up the overgrown bushes around my new home, I decided to cool off with a mango lassi, something like a cross between a smoothie and a milkshake with coconut milk and mangos.

The results were decadent though it was more like a mango pudding than either of the above. I loved the fragrant taste of the extra cardamom.

Mango Lassi
http://chezus.com/2011/05/06/lets-lunch-mango-lassi/
Courtesy of Chez Us

2 mangos, peeled, and sliced
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons simple syrup
1 teaspoon cardamon

Blend into a puree.

I used 4 cardamom pods and a rose water lime simple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment