Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Extra Mint? Homemade Mint Ginger Tea!

I got up the other day with a raging headache that made me feel faint and nauseated. Turns out that I had a lingering cold for a while that had been laying dormant for the last week or so and then decided to wake up with a vengeance and turn into a full blown sinus infection. Needless to say I cancelled all plans and spent the rest of the day on the couch, sipping soup and tea and taking acidophilus. Although I'm feeling much better today I've been weary and been trying to keep everything healthy.

While sick, I was served a packet of ramen noodles, my guilty favorite. The ramen chicken flavoring was ditched and replaced with a homemade vegetable broth that I made last week with a pinch of spices and garam masala to clear out the sinuses.

Looking into the fridge today, I found that there's a whole bunch of mint leaves that are yet to be used. The answer? This lovely homemade ginger tea!



And it's just the thing I need for this pesky cold!

Courtesy of Eating Pleasure: Little Inbox Recipe
http://eatingpleasure.blogspot.com/2011/05/bowles-mint-cough-remedy.html

2 liter water
30 mint leaves
2 thumb sized slices of root ginger, peeled

Bring the water to boil. Add the mint leaves and ginger on a simmer for half hour. Serve warm with brown sugar for sweetening.

No comments:

Post a Comment