Monday, January 30, 2012

Raw and Baked Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms

Courtesy of From Sad to Raw http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/Recipes/PestoStuffedMushrooms.htm

 Stuffing
 1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 cups basil
1/2 cup olive oil
 3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

- Place mushroom caps top side down on a plate.
- Blend all stuffing ingredients in a food processor until smooth.

 I think part of the secret to my success in making this pesto was due to the fact that I used fresh pulled basil plants from my garden. I've pulled up all of my plants yesterday for fear that the frost would come any morning and ruin them all. I stuffed both raw mushrooms for the raw diet eater in house and also stuffed mushrooms to bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes. I also baked the cooked mushrooms with a sprinkled cheese topping using only the very best: Halifax's own local That Dutchman's Farms'  Hammer and Chisel cheese, a hard 60 year old cheese with a distinct and delicate flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment