Monday, January 30, 2012

Raw Chocolate Sauce

We're celebrating a birthday in the house today so I figured I'd make something extra special for my boyfriend, whose been on a raw diet. It takes hardly any time and it tastes like a nice dark chocolate sauce!



Courtesy of Annie
Recipe as shown on website

2 T raw cacao powder, either ground from raw cacao nibs or purchased as powder
2 T raw agave syrup*
1/2 t coconut oil or other organic raw nut oil OR 1/2 t filtered water*


*I used honey instead of agave syrup and vanilla almond milk instead of the oil or water. I also increased the amount of liquid for the milk to a teaspoon for a creamy chocolate sauce. I also added a half teaspoon of cardamom powder for a little depth and a sprinkle of sea salt. I recommend experimenting with different flavors. Try using coconut oil or milk for a different flavor or maybe add a dash of cayenne or chili pepper to make it a spicy chocolate sauce. It is delicious!! I had a hard time resisting  this myself, despite not being on a raw diet!

This post was created on 10/2/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment