Friday, January 29, 2010

Challenge #1 for Sophia

Although the chicken pot pie and curried lentil soup are long gone, I thought I’d post some pictures in their memory.


Mmmm so flavorful




















Nothing like good ol’ comfort food.


To be honest, I’ve had a hard time thinking about food lately. I’ve felt sick over the last couple of days. Quite frankly, I’ve been in recovery after these beasty little treats.










When Sophia mentioned her craving for BEEF, the first thing I thought of was chili. But I don’t like chili and I don’t know if I trust Sophia on her first challenge to blow me away… no offense, Sophie. Because I know that she also has a considerable amount of Serrano peppers in the fridge, I figured I thought of Mexican food. I know that she’s already pretty equipped in Mexican/north American food already. Antojitos, enchiladas, burritos, etc.
Then I thought curry. Not thai curry but Indian curry. Then I thought the spiciest curry that there is in Indian cuisine.

Thus Sophia I hereby challenge you to the infamously hot Beef vindaloo, which I’ve never made before in my life.



vindaloo pic courtesy of
www.niyasworld.blogspot.com/2010/01/beef-vindaloo-goan-cuisine.html


Good luck! Vindaloo actually was a Portuguese dish originally known as carne de vinha d’alhos, which literally translates as beef of wine and garlic. I may or may not accompany her challenge dish by making naan and basmati rice.

How to make beef vindaloo tutorials:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5118108_make-beef-vindaloo.html


http://video.google.com.ar/videosearch?q=indian+recipes&hl=es&rlz=1T4ADBF_enCA249CA250&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=LwdhS-vHKJu-MvXhwMEP&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CFYQqwQwCg#emb=0&hl=es&q=beef+vindaloo&view=0

Here is her recipe to follow by :

http://www.newkerala.com/recipes/Indian-Recipes/More-Recipes/Beef-Vindaloo-Recipe.html

We're going to add serranos that Sophia has leftover... just to make it even hotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment