Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day One: Technical Difficulties

Our first day in the kitchen was momentous. What started with "maybe we'll have stuffed bread and soup" turned into a loaf of stuffed bread, a pot of curried lentil soup, quiche with sausage and broccoli, and lemon tarts.

On the menu for today we start with espresso and a plan for chicken potpie and see where the whim takes us.

Alas, the documentation is not ideal. First day of a pictoral blog and suddenly none of our cameras work! Oh, except my cell phone, but I don't know how to get those pictures on here. I promise though, send me your address and I'll come over and show you the whole process!

In the meantime, you'll have to trust us that this:
eventually became this:Also, this tart is a thing of beauty.

We really need to work on getting the hang of this. Right now, though, my espresso maker is calling out to me.

But later! Special guest Caroline makes banana bundt bread! Sophia attempts chicken potpie! Katherine probably does something crazy! Let's hope it's nachos!







Oh yeah, that's the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment